Like our name suggests we offer consulting services as well as our shrink wrapped services. Consulting is done by Leo Edmiston-Cyr, the creator of the Search Light system, or by a highly skilled consultant who reports directly to him.
Why we’re here
Hi, it’s me, Leo, I create software, hardware, and systems to solve problems simply. I thrive on simple solutions and greatly enjoy my work. My user interfaces are concise and the administration minimal. I believe that context is everything when deciding where and how to create features. I make systems that are intuitive by keeping process flow and presentation highly contextual.
I’ve learned many lessons from very high traffic websites that deliver 1-2 million pages each day. I’ve learned to create sites that have an underlying structure like a sports car to both readily be extended to adapt to new business demands and be easily scaled to meet very high transaction rates. Your new site will “turn on a dime.”
If you are looking to have something created and you share my vision, look over my areas of expertise and contact me if you see a good fit.
Leo Edmiston-Cyr, Managing Director
Email: leo at DigitalMountainConsulting.com
What we do
Create custom programmed websites or web apps
- Buiding from scratch anything goes
- My own library of code greatly speeds time to completion
- I create sites in, what I believe to be the most agile, robust, and well supported environment out there, Django/Python/Apache/MySQL/Linux
- I have experience integrating applications and sites with existing code written in PHP, Perl, and of course Python.
Getting tough answers out of Google Analytics
- Analysis of sales funnel flow with recommendations to improve conversion
- Improve site wide Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and identify flaws which impede search indexing
- What’s going on with your advertising?
- You can learn more about my current and past work with this at my website Digital Mountain Consulting
Port Google App Engine websites/web apps
- Run Google App Engine websites natively on a Python/Django/Apache server
- Increased control
- Greatly diminished fees
- Host the ported app on your own server -OR- make the transition effortless by hosting your newly ported app alongside our other clients’ sites at Digital Mountain Consulting
Create custom software-hardware integration for control and instrumentation.
- This sounds like it is out of left field, but it is a passion I have pursued professionally and in my spare time since I bought my first thermistor from Radio Shack in 1990 and wrote qBasic code to calculate the temperature from the resistance which varies non-linearly with temperature. Ah, those were the days.
- I’ve created custom PC boards for shortwave radios
- I’ve created instrumentation for a solar powered alkaline electrolysis cell by creating a custom ISA bus expansion board for the IBM PC in 1993.
- I “ported” the instrumentation to run on a basic stamp.
- Since then I’ve written software in C to run webcams, process images, and relay data from PICAXE over DTMF and GMRS.
- So, if you like my other work, I’m the right choice for basic instrumentation that doesn’t control human space flight vehicles.
You will find my approach refreshing. My view of your business, your customers, and the online world are holistic. I’m always happy to provide the support you need after I’ve completed your project to see to it that my work pays off in the way you expect it to.